Oct 27, 2011

Chronicles of the Ark-Ship Salvation

This is the first entry in the personal log of Hajar Dermot, assigned to biomedical services, and cryogenics lab, for the Arc-ship Salvation, employee of the Eden Foundation.

My name is Hajar Dermot; I was recruited by The Eden Foundation two years ago to work on Project Salvation as a cryogenics engineer, and biomedical lab technician. I left my home in San Francisco, said good-bye to my friends, and moved to the moon. Honestly, I couldn’t turn down this opportunity, not only for the fact that this is an endeavor that has never before been attempted and therefore the possible discoveries in my field are unprecedented, but also for a childhood dream come true. The things I have been working on for this voyage…sometimes I have trouble digesting the scope, and the ethical implications. Not that the works is unethical, it is just new ground, and sometimes I get the feeling we are entering areas best left alone. I once voice my concern, and I was not the only one, but Dr. Barlow assured us that he has taken every effort to ensure that our individual work was ethically sound. He also assured me that most of the programs I had concerns about were in place for extreme circumstances. Given where we will be living, and how long this trip is supposed to take, I can’t blame them for wanting to prepare for some fairly extreme circumstances. I should probably commit much more detail in my log at this time. There will be time for opinions and analysis once we depart and we’re not entirely consumed with last minute preparations.

I both dread and look forward to leaving. Dread because I will be leaving behind my girlfriend, I offered to get her a position, but she didn’t like the idea of leaving Earth, not many do like that idea. I can’t say what I am most looking forward to, mostly because I am most looking forward to confronting the great unknown.

Hajar Dermot

02/09/2218

No comments:

Post a Comment