Oct 22, 2011

Chronicles of the Arc-Ship Salvation

This is the first entry in the personal log of Paki Clarke, assigned to passenger safety and security, for the Arc-ship Salvation, employee of the Eden Foundation.

My name is Paki. I am security for the ship Salvation, one of security.  There are not enough of us for this ship. The passengers out number us nearly 25 to 1.  they say we should no worry we are there to just keep people out of the places they should not go.  They won't even let us carry weapons, I don't call this stick a weapon, they are foolish to trust these people.  

I left my home in Johannesburg 2 years ago last month, the last of the slums on Earth still stand, I was lucky to have a friend that worked for Eden.  When we leave this planet behind us I shan't look back, I am glad to leave it behind.  Full of small people, people that never look up, never think of anything more than the space just under their shoes.

They asked us all to make this entry, to say who we were, my name was Paki.  When we leave I will find a new name.  One that was not born in a shit slum.  

03/24/2218

No comments:

Post a Comment