Feb 4, 2012

Chronicles of the Arc-Ship Salvation

Personal log of Silas Paige 05/18/2218
What an unbelievable week, several weeks actually. I left so much behind, so many, and here waiting for me is something I could have never expected.
Her name is Adriana, and I am conflicted. I really do think I am falling for this girl, falling hard and fast. But I haven’t been able to tell her everything about myself.
I haven’t told her what and who I left behind. I can barely admit what I have done to myself. I can’t imagine what she will think of me when she knows. When she knows I left my wife and my children behind, when she knows I abandoned them. I left them with everything I owned, every scrap of myself I could sign away, and three inadequate letters, and a signed declaration of divorce. I didn’t even have the decency to tell them before I walked out the door. I sent them one last message, I don’t know if they received it, or if they simply deleted it upon arrival. I hope they listened. I hope they understood. But somehow I know they won’t or can’t understand, I’m not sure I understand it myself. Half of me wants to run home, the other half is too much of a coward, and longs for the comfort of a new love that should not be.
I have no right to be happy here.
Silas Page 05/18/2218

No comments:

Post a Comment