Jan 30, 2012

Chronicles of the Ark-Ship Salvation


Personal log of Colin Flannigan 05/02/2218
            Why did I decide to make MISSIE a woman?  My understand of women is probably on par with my understanding of 20th century internal combustion engines.  That is to say, I know nothing.  The problem is not that the system doesn’t act like a women, it’s that is does act like a woman, and trying to troubleshoot a malfunctioning woman… I can think of at least 5,000 things I would rather spend my time doing.  I seriously considered consulting with my sister, but I’d rather expose my privates to the vacuum of space.
            MISSIE has been withholding information.  I don’t know why, or even what specifically about the programming would cause the problem.  The problem  is that I can’t reproduce the problem 100% of the time so I’ve never been able to nail it down.  I think everyone so far is okay with my “user error” explanation.   The problem is I’m not completely sure it is user error.  I just don’t know.  I’ve somehow managed to create the most complex operating system the world has ever seen, and it’s being temperamental and petulant.  I need  a virtual time out.
Colin Flannigan 05/02/2218

No comments:

Post a Comment