Jan 30, 2012

Chronicles of the Ark-Ship Salvation


Personal log of Caira Flannigan 05/05/2218
            It’s been a week of relentless hell, my team has been working in shifts around the clock to patch holes in our life support systems.  Our computer system is finally working properly, so it seems.  She is finally telling us what we want to know without threatening to twist her capacitors.  Although I still like to threaten her, it makes me feel better.  I don’t fully trust her, I always make my guys double check her reports.  It makes more work for us, but frankly I don’t think that’s much of a bad thing.  It keeps us on our toes and keeps us knowing every inch of these systems. 
            I think we have enough repaired to actually make this ship inhabitable, and it’s a damn good thing since Eden refused to delay boarding.  Apparently the possibility of killing someone is not something they worry about, right now I can’t really blame them.  Personally I’d like to take every last contractor they had up here and launch them out of the airlock.  They took every last shortcut they could.  What do they car after all, they aren’t going to live on this boat.  A week ago I would have called this the most impressive death trap ever constructed.  Now it’s just the most impressive coffin ever constructed.  Don’t get me wrong, I really do love this ship, I just can’t help but think of what the rest of my life will be like on here. 
            We started to receive passengers.  Mostly crew support staff.  They have been touring.  It’s extremely annoying to have tour groups walking through when you are trying work.  Especially when stragglers break off and try to figure out what you are doing, I think he was a janitor, based on his uniform, annoying prick.
            He isn’t an annoying prick because he is a janitor, he’s a prick because he walked over, called me by name, and asked how repairing the temperature controls was going.  All I can assume is the tour guide told him who I was and what I was doing.  Or he is a nosy prick….Unless he was trying to pick me up… god I didn’t even see his face and I told him to piss off.  Oh well he’s only a janitor.
Caira Flannigan 05/05/2218

No comments:

Post a Comment