Jan 30, 2012

Chronicles of the Ark-Ship Salvation


This is the last entry in the personal log of Paki Clarke, assigned to passenger safety and security, for the Arc-ship Salvation, employee of the Eden Foundation.
            I have found my new self, and have earned a new name.  This is the last I will answer to the name Paki Clarke.  I have accepted the position of 1st security officer.  I have spent the day altering every personal record that will follow me to the Salvation, this is the last.  I now close this log file, and will open a new under a name that I chose to honor my mother and sister.  I leave my father’s name on the surface of Earth’s moon, where it, along with is memory, will be forgotten.
            Paki Clarke, from this time forward, knows as Tau Fenyang.
05/06/2218
*****
This is the first entry in the personal log of Tau Fenyang, 1st officer, assigned to passenger safety and security, for the Arc-ship Salvation, employee of the Eden Foundation.
            I have accepted the post of 1st security officer onboard the Salvation.  The chief security officer, Donald Rains has entrusted this responsibility to me without my asking, and I accept this honor.  He told me shortly after making the announcement that he needed someone he could trust, without question, to be “on the front lines” since he will be confined to a small office most of the time, as is his responsibility.  He like me, both believe the security on this ship is weak, I hope it is not as weak as I fear, and I also hope that my fears prove to be false. 
            This will be my last entry before we board the Salvation, I will be able to turn my back on a life of pain and misery, to start new.  I feel much now, and I wish I did not feel sadness for leaving all I have known, all I despise.  And I wish I had no fear for the unknown before me.  We are a funny people that we rarely feel what we think we should.
Tau Fenyang
05/07/2218

No comments:

Post a Comment